Welcome from the Director
I hope that as you explore the website you will find a wealth of information about us and the services we provide.
It is our pleasure to work with high number of students who access our award winning centre each week. We believe all children have the right to enjoy and achieve and are committed to suporting each child to ensure they achieve their personal best.
Thank you for your visit.
- Ensure each child enjoys all aspects of their life at school
- Support young people with their school work in order to Strengthen their Self Esteem
- To help young people become responsible and caring members of society by developing their self awareness and understanding of others.
- Empower young pupils to achieve their aspirations
- A transit alternative education services for students who are at risk of permanent exclusion from their mainstream school.
- Afterschool tutoring Services students who are in Key Stage 1-5. Subjects, Maths, English, Science, Arabic, Somali, History,RE
- Training on the barriers experienced by some disadvantaged young people and their families and strategies to overcome them
- Advice and support to families
- 1 to 1 or small group mentoring services
- Interpretation services
- Parental outreach work including supporting families with admissions and attending parent evenings
- Family learning/ESOL programme
All of the young people at BEC deserve the best opportunities possible and we strive to provide these at all stages of their BEC journey . Not only do we constantly review our approaches to learning and teaching and the our curriculum offer, but we believe that the best way of moving forward is in partnership with other education providers. We have strong links with our Local Authority, secondary schools, post-16 providers and businesses. Only by collaborating with our parent and local community and all of these institutions can we move forward and continue to provide the best education and community services for young people and families at BEC
We have five members on our management committee who are also drawn from a range of professional backgrounds. They meet quarterly to monitor the progress of the organisation against our aims.
Through our work we have averted the exclusion of many young people from school who with support from the centre have gone on to achieve academic success. We also witness the growth in confidence and development of leadership skills in many of our students which enables them to engage positively with their mainstream schools. We have strong evidence that our work is raising the achievement of students which opens up pathways for them to take up positions in further or higher education. Over 80% of the students we supported with level 2&3 went on to University or college.